Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Very Small Jew in the Lotus

OK, so we're officially in labor now! Still so much to do, to pack, to check and recheck. Lots of folks at work ask, "you're back already?" I say, "I haven't left yet; you just saw me yesterday!" Oh well...

This little girl of ours has brought so many people together, and she's not even in our arms yet. We've received so many calls and emails as a result of my posting the news of our impending departure to my professional listserv - and that was just today! Getting ready for her has been like peeling back the petals of a very big lotus. Just when you think you're at the center, there are more layers to get through. And amid all the hubbub, there she waits - the dewdrop in the middle of the lotus. Is she calm? Is she impatient? The answer, my friends, is thirteen hours ahead of New Jersey time.

No comments: