Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Must Be Anxious

With just five days to go until we leave for China (well, four and a half, since it's Saturday evening) people are now asking whether I'm feeling anxious about all this. Considering I had my first travel-related dream a a few days ago, I'd say the answer is "yes."

Our agency gave us lapel buttons so our travel coordinator can recognize us, and said she will meet us at the Starbucks in the Beijing airport terminal. (Yes, I know, they're everywhere.) In my dream, we got off the plane and walked into the terminal area, only to see that every store in the terminal was a Starbucks. We ran around in a total panic just in time for me to wake up.

I don't have to be Freud to figure this one out - this is a huge event, and I am naturally concerned that everything go smoothly. Of course, the people at our agency have been handling Chinese adoptions for years and are old hands at this by now, so they've seen pretty much anything that can possibly happen.

No comments: